The CrystalHarp™ plate
is designed for crystallization based on capillary diffusion and can be used for crystallization screening and optimization.
Contents of box
1. CrystalHarp™ plate in shrink wrapper
2. Sealant in 10 ml syringe with orange delivery nozzle
3. 2 ml syringe and flat green nozzle for capillary cleaving
4. Instruction booklet
- Capillary diffusion offers a broad variable screen in one experiment
- 48 experiments per plate
- Direct beam line and in situ diffraction analysis possible
- Unique capillary material with easy to remove crystal methodology
Capillary diffusion achieves a much broader screening of variables in one single experiment. The CrystalHarp™ plate contains 48 capillaries in total and in an ANSI/SBS 1-2004-standard format to facilitate handling and imaging.
Addition of cryoprotectants or derivatives for phasing studies can be easily added after crystal appearance. The SBS format enables the usage of the plate directly on beam line robots or alternatively single capillaries can be easily mounted to standard magnetic base, enabling in-situ diffraction analysis.
The unique capillary material allows data collection at room temperature. Flash-freezing in a liquid nitrogen stream (with or without the use of cryoprotectants) is also feasible. The formation of ice-rings is kept to a manageable minimum.