DBCO-PEG 10 kDa
Structural formula of DBCO-PEG 10 kDa
For research use only!
Shipping: shipped at ambient temperature
Storage Conditions: store at -20 °C
store undissolved, for use prepare a fresh solution
Shelf Life: 12 months after date of delivery (undissolved)
Molecular Weight: 10 kDa
Purity: > 90 % (HPLC)
Form: white to slightly grey solid
Solubility: DCM, DMF, DMSO, water
A reagent for the PEGylation the azide-containing biomolecules via Copper-free click reaction.
Important Product Information
- Avoid buffers that contain azides, which can react with DBCO.
- Reactions of DBCO and azides are more efficient at high concentrations and temperatures (i.e. 4 - 37 °C). Typical reaction times are less than 12 hours, however, incubating for longer can improve efficiency.
Copper-free click reaction:
- Prepare the azide-containing protein in reaction buffer.
- Add DBCO-PEG conjugate to azide-containing sample.
- Recommendation: Add 2 - 3 mol equivalents of DBCO-PEG conjugate to 1 mol equivalent of azide-containing protein.
- Incubate the reaction mixture at room temperature for 4 - 12 hours for smaller DBCO-PEG (5, 10 kDa) and 12 - 24 hours for larger ones (20, 30, and 40 kDa). The incubation at 4 °C requires 6 - 24 hours.
- The reaction mixture is now ready for purification by size exclusion chromatography if required.