Au-flat™ is an ultrastable holey gold alloy film (80% Au and 20% Pd) with a thickness of ca. 45 nm supported by a TEM gold grid.
Significant improvements last year have made Au-flats™ the new gold standard for Cryo-EM sample supports:
- Supporting gold grids are ultra-flat with planar surface → resulting in an even ice thickness
- Supporting gold grids are 60% thicker and have a 60% thicker rim (Figure 1) → improves strength and durability during handling and sample prep
- Light color of Au-Pd film (Figure 2) → easy identification of the film side
- Smaller grain size of the Au-Pd film → more accurate defocus during data collection
- Optimized Au-Pd-film stress → maximize strength during sample prep and vitrification
- Reduced beam induced motion → better imaging, quality and resolution
We have Au-flats™ in stock and they can be delivered within a few days!
Top view of new (left) and former (right) supporting grids.
The lighter color of the Au-Pd film (left) compared to the underlying gold mesh grid (right) allows for easy identification of the film side during sample preparation.
Curious? Try it yourself!
Samples are available - Order your sample package (5 pcs.) for only 20 € (+ shipping) today!
Click the links to send your sample order by email:
Please include your shipping and billing address. One pack per customer only while stocks last.
Questions or inquiries?
E-mail Christin for technical inquiries or further information: email@example.com