CyClone – the new time-saving ligase-free cloning kit.
Eliminate all the shortcomings of conventional cloning by using the new CyClone ligase-free cloning system!
Together with optimized polymerase and buffer, CyClone offers significant advantages compared to conventional cloning or other ligase-free cloning methods:
- Compatible with any vector that can be linearized – use your standard cloning vector without any need of specialized plasmids/sequences
- High cloning efficiency with 95 - 99 % of positive clones
- Very efficient blunt end cloning and directed cloning into single-cut vectors
- Fast and convenient vector and insert preparation
- Any enzyme can be used for vector linearization, even when its restriction site is present in the insert
- CyClone does not add additional sequences to vector or insert
With CyClone cloning consists of only two simple steps:
- 1st: Creation of a PCR product with ends homologous to the cloning vector
- 2nd: Annealing and fusion of insert and vector in a circularization reaction (Fig. 1)
Figure 1: The CyClone cloning procedure: A PCR fragment is fused to a vector with homologous ends, yielding a plasmid useable for transformation in just one step.