The episomal inducible 4th generation of LEXSY makes use of amplification and oligomerisation of expression plasmids maintained extrachromosomally as self-replicating episomes in the LEXSY host cells, providing enhanced number of target gene copies for transcription by T7 RNA polymerase.
It was shown for a number of proteins, that the episomal inducible expression achieved 5 - 10-fold higher yields than integrative inducible expression. High expression strains are obtained by clonal selection and screening which is based on fluorescence intensity resulting from the co-expressed BleCherry, egfp or Ds-red genes. Primary screening on solid media can be performed in daylight since the colours are visible by eye.
- pLEXSY_IE expression vector of choice
- LEXSY host T7-TR as glycerol stocks
- all components for preparation of 1 L LEXSY BHI medium
- all selective antibiotics for 1 L medium
- primer sets for insert sequencing
- an easy-to-follow manual, see PDF file in "Downloads"
All components of the kit are available also separately.
Download the LEXSY vector map and sequence at:
Please contact email@example.com with questions or inquiries.